Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What is Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate marketing is where you promote products or programs and make money on the internet. If you are new to it and you google it, you will get millions of hits on your search. You start to investigate into a few and wow, your mind starts turning and next thing you know you are in information overload. There are literally thousands of programs out there that claim you can get rich quick.

Before investing in any of these programs, research them. If you search it on google, you will get tons of reviews, but they are not always accurate, because chances are the person doing the review is also trying to promote the product that your are researching.

I have found the best place to review these affiliate programs is through work at home forums. There are real people there, newbies and veteran marketers who can tell you if these programs are legit. My two favorite forums are the Work-at-home-forum and the Warrior forum. They are communities with wonderful people who want to help.

With affiliate marketing don't expect to get rich overnight,it is not an overnight thing. Can you make money, oh yes, but the learning curve is steep. When I started, I thought I was in college all over again. I purchased so many different things that hyped me up and let me tell you they do use hype to sell their products. I am still cancelling things on my credit card that I had forgotten I had purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment